Saturday, June 23, 2012

First Post!


Hello! This is my first post..very exciting :) About a month ago I graduated college - before that I was interning full time in a second grade classroom! I loved my 19 second graders and co-operating teacher! I was able to try so many different idea's in the classroom and I thought I would share a few of them with you!

This is a picture of a Literature Circle Group "Envelope Book" that I created. I took a big manila envelope and folded it in half. I then created my Lit Circle Job sheets and stuck them in the book wih a rubber band. The kids loved these! They thought is was great that they could keep the book right inside the envelope...


This is the Writing Process Pencil that I created...of course the original idea came from Pinterest! I made if out of poster paper, then laminated it at the school. The students each have a clip and move up and down the pencil based on where they are in the writing process. At the end of each writing lesson I would keep track of where the students were based on the pencil.



I hope you enjoyed my first post! I am excited to share my summer projects that I am doing to gear up for the next school year :)

2 comments:

  1. Alexa you are doing great! Really like your blog posts, very nice layout!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I was wondering if you would be willing to share your editing sheet which you noted on your chart? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete